- Listed: February 14, 2019 6:07 pm
- Expires: 999043 days, 9 hours
VA Spina Bifida Health Care Benefits Program covers most health care services and supplies that are medically or psychologically necessary. The VA can also reimburse expenses for travel to and from your doctor or health care facility. Some services require specific advance approval or preauthorization. The Spina Bifida Health Care Benefits Program is administered by the Chief Business Office Purchased Care located in Denver, CO.
If you have any form of Spina Bifida (other than Spina Bifida Occulta) and you are a birth child of certain Korea or Vietnam Veterans, VA may be able to pay for some of your health care.
Your birth father or mother must have:
- Served in Vietnam during the period from January 9, 1962, through May 7, 1975, OR
- Served in or near the Korean demilitarized zone (DMZ) during the period from September 1, 1967, through August 31, 1971; and have been exposed to herbicides.
VA has no requirements regarding the character of the parent’s discharge or the length of his or her service.
To complete an application, use VA Form 21-0304, “Benefits for Certain Children with Disabilities Born of Vietnam & Certain Korea Service Veterans.”
When you complete the form, send it to:
VA Regional Office
Veterans Service Center (339/21)
Denver, CO 80225
For more information, visit the VA Spina Bifida Health Care Benefits Program page.
If you have questions:
- Visit Inquiry Routing & Information System (IRIS) to search Frequently Asked Questions or ask a question on-line
- View the informational brochure
- Call 1-888-820-1756 for information about the Spina Bifida Health Care Benefits Program
- Call 303-914-2900 for information about the monetary benefit through the VA Regional Office in Denver, CO
To apply for additional Veterans’ benefits and view your benefit status, open an eBenefits Premium account. eBenefits is a one-stop source for information on Department of Defense and Department of Veterans Affairs benefits and services. With a free Premium level eBenefits account, Veterans and Servicemembers can conduct self-service transactions such as checking claim status information, GI Bill enrollment, and obtaining copies of civil service preference letters, DD214, and other personal information. For further information and to register for a free Premium level account, visit the eBenefits website.
64 total views, 1 today
A guide for US Government Federal and State Benefits published by benefits.gov
This is a third party app and we are not affiliated with benefits.gov or US Government.. If you are looking for an app that consolidates all the benefit listings by Federal and US states, this is a good app to start with. Listings can also be found on the benefits.gov website.