- Listed: February 20, 2019 3:40 pm
- Expires: 998245 days, 23 hours
Our iOS apps : US Benefits Directory , Food Banks Directory , GSA Auctions , Low Cost Apartments Directory,
The Social Security Spouse Benefits are a federally funded program administered by the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA). These are benefits paid to the spouse of a worker who receives Social Security Retirement or Disability benefits.
To be eligible for Social Security Spouse’s benefits, you must:
- Be married for at least one continuous year to someone who receives Social Security retirement or disability benefits;
- Be at least 62 years old or caring for a child (under age 16 or disabled) of the retired or disabled worker; and
- Not be getting a higher Social Security retirement benefit based on your own work.
If you would like to find out if you may be eligible for any of the benefits SSA administers, take SSA’s Benefit Eligibility Screening Tool.
Once you know which benefits you may be eligible for, visit the Apply For Social Security Benefits webpage to apply online.
Visit SSA’s Publications home page for detailed information about SSA programs and policies.
Or for additional information on this and any SSA benefit, call:
1-800-772-1213 (TTY: 1-800-325-0778)
473 total views, 1 today
A guide for US Government Federal and State Benefits published by benefits.gov
This is a third party app and we are not affiliated with benefits.gov or US Government.. If you are looking for an app that consolidates all the benefit listings by Federal and US states, this is a good app to start with. Listings can also be found on the benefits.gov website.