- Listed: January 15, 2019 6:56 pm
- Expires: 998900 days, 18 hours
The New Jersey WorkFirst-Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program is designed to help needy families achieve self-sufficiency. States receive grants to design and operate programs that accomplish one of the purposes of the TANF program.
The four purposes of the TANF program are to:
- Provide assistance to needy families so that children can be cared for in their own homes
- Reduce the dependency of needy parents by promoting job preparation, work and marriage
- Prevent and reduce the incidence of out-of-wedlock pregnancies
- Encourage the formation and maintenance of two-parent families
Note: TANF is sometimes referred to by state specific names.
In general for this benefit program, you must be a U.S. national, citizen, legal alien or permanent resident, and have very low income. You must also be a resident of the state of New Jersey.
New Jersey is one of only a few states that also provides cash benefits and support services to individuals and couples with no dependent children, through the General Assistance (GA) program. Thus, you must use the application process information below to check with the TANF agency in the area that you reside to learn whether you are eligible to receive financial assistance or other TANF benefits and services.
To apply for this program, please contact the local County Welfare Agency near you.
165 total views, 2 today
A guide for US Government Federal and State Benefits published by benefits.gov
This is a third party app and we are not affiliated with benefits.gov or US Government.. If you are looking for an app that consolidates all the benefit listings by Federal and US states, this is a good app to start with. Listings can also be found on the benefits.gov website.