- Listed: January 17, 2019 6:16 pm
- Expires: 998212 days, 1 hour
Our iOS apps : US Benefits Directory , Food Banks Directory , GSA Auctions , Low Cost Apartments Directory,
myRetirement Account (myRA®) is a starter retirement savings option created by the U.S. Department of the Treasury, especially designed for those who don’t have access to a plan at work. Saving with myRA is simple, safe, and affordable:
- No cost to open and no fees
- No minimum balance or contribution requirements
- No risk of losing money while safely earning interest
It’s Easy to Get Started
Open an account today at myRA.gov or by calling 855-406-6972. It only takes a few minutes.
A myRA is a Roth IRA with contributions invested in a single U.S. Treasury savings bond. Key Roth IRA features include the following[i]:
- Save up to $5,500 ($6,500 if 50 or older) annually in all of your Roth and traditional IRA accounts.
- Because your contributions are made after-tax, you can take out what you put in, if you need it, without tax or penalty.
- Transfer or roll over your money to a private sector Roth IRA at any time. Account balances should be transferred to a private sector Roth IRA when they reach $15,000, or after 30 years.
- Income limits apply. You can contribute to a Roth IRA if in 2016 you earned below $132,000 ($133,000 for 2017) if single, and $194,000 ($196,000 for 2017) if married filing jointly.
[i] Annual and lifetime contribution limits and annual earned income limits apply, as do conditions for tax-free withdrawal of interest. To learn about key features of a Roth IRA and for other requirements and details, visit myRA.gov/roth-ira.
You can open an account at no cost and in a matter of minutes by going to myRA.gov. There are three simple steps to saving with myRA:
- Open a myRA account at myRA.gov
- Fund the account from a paycheck, checking or savings account, or federal tax refund
- Access the account online to view savings and manage the account
myRA customer support can also assist individuals with this process at 855-406-6972 or TTY/TDD 855-408-6972 or International 1-414-365-9616.
727 total views, 1 today
A guide for US Government Federal and State Benefits published by benefits.gov
This is a third party app and we are not affiliated with benefits.gov or US Government.. If you are looking for an app that consolidates all the benefit listings by Federal and US states, this is a good app to start with. Listings can also be found on the benefits.gov website.