- Listed: January 6, 2019 6:04 pm
- Expires: 998200 days, 21 hours
Our iOS apps : US Benefits Directory , Food Banks Directory , GSA Auctions , Low Cost Apartments Directory,
The Montgomery GI Bill (MGIB) – Selected Reserve is an educational assistance program enacted by Congress to attract high quality men and women into the reserve components of the Armed Forces. The MGIB-Selected Reserve program provides up to 36 months of education benefits.
- Incur a six-year obligation to serve in the Selected Reserve after June 30, 1985 (officers must agree to serve six years in addition to your original obligation), and
- Complete your Initial Active Duty for Training (IADT), and
- Remain in good standing while serving in an active Selected Reserve unit
- Complete high school or have a high school equivalency certificate
Your reserve or National Guard component determines your eligibility for this program.
For more information, please visit the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs’ (VA) Education and Training page.
If you have questions:
- Visit the GI Bill customer service page, to search Frequently Asked Questions or ask a question electronically
- Call 1-888-GIBILL-1 (1-888-442-4551)
- For TDD/TYY use 711
To apply for additional benefits and view your benefit status, open an eBenefits Premium account. eBenefits is a one-stop source for information on Department of Defense and Department of Veterans Affairs benefits and services. With a free Premium level eBenefits account, Veterans, Servicemembers and their family members can conduct self-service transactions such as checking compensation and pension claim status information, enrolling in GI Bill, and obtaining copies of civil service preference letters, military records (DD214), and other personal information. For further information and to register for a free Premium level account, visit the eBenefits website.
274 total views, 1 today
A guide for US Government Federal and State Benefits published by benefits.gov
This is a third party app and we are not affiliated with benefits.gov or US Government.. If you are looking for an app that consolidates all the benefit listings by Federal and US states, this is a good app to start with. Listings can also be found on the benefits.gov website.