Welcome, visitor! [ Login

Post an Ad


Michigan Low Income Home Energy Assistance (LIHEAP)

  • Listed: February 18, 2019 5:13 pm
  • Expires: 998074 days, 7 hours


Our iOS apps : US Benefits Directory , Food Banks Directory , GSA Auctions , Low Cost Apartments Directory,

Program Description

Low-income households who meet all State Emergency Relief (SER) eligibility requirements may receive assistance to help them with household heat and electric costs. LIHEAP funds are also used for the Home Heating Credit (HHC), administered through the Michigan Department of Treasury and the Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP).

Program Requirements

In order to qualify for this benefit program, you must be a resident of the state of Michigan, you must need financial assistance for home energy costs.

In order to qualify, you must have an annual household income (before taxes) that is below the following amounts:

Household Size* Maximum Income Level (Per Year)
1 $18,210
2 $24,690
3 $31,170
4 $37,650
5 $44,130
6 $50,610
7 $57,090
8 $63,570

*For households with more than eight people, add $6,480 per additional person. Always check with the appropriate managing agency to ensure the most accurate guidelines.

For SER only: When your heat or electric service is in threat of shutoff or is already shut off and must be restored, payment may be authorized to the enrolled provider if all eligibility factors are met. The amount of the payment is the minimum amount necessary to prevent shutoff or restore service, up to the fiscal year cap. Payment must resolve the emergency by restoring or continuing the service for at least 30 calendar days. Payment may be made up to the available fiscal year cap for the necessary charges to deliver a 30-day supply of fuel for households that heat with deliverable fuel (fuel oil, propane or coal).

Application Process

To apply, please contact the local Department of Human Services (DHS) office in the county in which you reside:

For SER, you must complete DHS-1514, Application for State Emergency Relief, and DHS-1171, Assistance Application, if there is not a current one in the record. (Spanish versions of these applications are also available.) If the application is submitted electronically through MIBridges, no additional application is needed.

Contact Information

For more information about this program, please visit www.michigan.gov/dhs or call (855) ASK-MICH or (855) 275-6424.


430 total views, 1 today


Listing ID: 1145c6ae798870bc

Report problem

Processing your request, Please wait....

Sponsored Links

A guide for US Government Federal and State Benefits published by benefits.gov

This is a third party app and we are not affiliated with benefits.gov or US Government.. If you are looking for an app that consolidates all the benefit listings by Federal and US states, this is a good app to start with. Listings can also be found on the benefits.gov website.