- Listed: January 19, 2019 6:47 am
- Expires: 999017 days, 10 hours
WIC (Women, Infants, and Children) is a nutrition program that helps pregnant women, new mothers, infants, and children eat well and stay healthy.
- Healthy foods designed to meet special nutrition needs
- Nutrition and health screening and assessment
- Nutrition education and counseling
- Breastfeeding support
- Referrals to other Indiana health, family, and social services
To become eligible for Indiana WIC benefits, you must meet the following requirements:
You must live in Indiana and meet income guidelines as listed below. Families already receiving Medicaid, Food Stamps (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program [SNAP]), or Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) are income eligible for the Indiana WIC program. When you apply, you will receive a personalized nutrition assessment to see if the program is right for you.
You must be categorically eligible. The Indiana WIC Program serves:
- Pregnant women
- New moms (up to six months after delivery)
- Breastfeeding moms (up to one year after delivery)
- Infants (babies under the age of one)
- Children under the age of five
In order to qualify, you must have an annual household income (before taxes) that is below the following amounts:
|Household Size*||Maximum Income Level (Per Year)|
To apply, set up an appointment at the WIC clinic closest to you. Find your closest clinic on the Indiana WIC Clinic Locations page.
65 total views, 1 today
A guide for US Government Federal and State Benefits published by benefits.gov
This is a third party app and we are not affiliated with benefits.gov or US Government.. If you are looking for an app that consolidates all the benefit listings by Federal and US states, this is a good app to start with. Listings can also be found on the benefits.gov website.