- Listed: January 13, 2019 6:52 pm
- Expires: 998987 days, 17 hours
The Georgia Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program is designed to help needy families achieve self-sufficiency. States receive grants to design and operate programs that accomplish one of the purposes of the TANF program.
The four purposes of the TANF program are to:
- Provide assistance to needy families so that children can be cared for in their own homes
- Reduce the dependency of needy parents by promoting job preparation, work and marriage
- Prevent and reduce the incidence of out-of-wedlock pregnancies
- Encourage the formation and maintenance of two-parent families
Note: TANF is sometimes referred to by state specific names.
In general for this benefit program, you must be a US national, citizen, legal alien or permanent resident, and have very low income. You must also be a resident of the state of Georgia.
For Georgia TANF, the amount of cash benefit provided depends upon the family’s income and the county where the family lives. Thus, you must use the application process information below to check with the TANF agency in the area that you reside to learn whether you are eligible to receive financial assistance or other TANF benefits and services.
To learn how to apply online, please visit the Georgia Department of Human Services TANF web page.
194 total views, 1 today
A guide for US Government Federal and State Benefits published by benefits.gov
This is a third party app and we are not affiliated with benefits.gov or US Government.. If you are looking for an app that consolidates all the benefit listings by Federal and US states, this is a good app to start with. Listings can also be found on the benefits.gov website.