- Listed: January 8, 2019 6:48 am
- Expires: 998573 days, 9 hours
Our iOS apps : US Benefits Directory , Food Banks Directory , GSA Auctions , Low Cost Apartments Directory,
Educational and Career Counseling can help you:
- Assess your vocational interests, aptitudes and abilities
- Explore career opportunities
- Obtain guidance on effective use of VA benefits and resources to achieve education and career goals
- Address barriers that may impede success in training or employment
- Develop educational program objectives
In order to be considered for this benefit program, you must meet one of the following:
- A transitioning Servicemember within six months of discharge from active duty
- A Veteran within one year of discharge from active dutyAny Servicemember or Veteran, eligible for VA educational assistance
- A qualified dependent eligible for VA educational assistance
Note: Under both the Montgomery GI Bill and the Post-9/11 GI Bill, active duty Servicemembers have the option to transfer some or all of their educational benefit entitlement to their dependent(s).
Generally, in order to receive VA benefits and services, the Veteran’s or Servicemember’s character of discharge or release must be under other than dishonorable conditions (i.e., honorable, under honorable conditions, general). However, individuals receiving undesirable or bad conduct, and other types of dishonorable discharge may qualify for certain VA benefits.
The quickest way is to apply online at the eBenefits website, click on Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment and select “Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Benefits.” You may also submit a completed application (VAF 28-8832) at the local VA Regional or outbased office, or mail the completed application to the closest Regional Office.
For more information, visit the VA’s Education and Career Counseling webpage.
If you have questions:
- Visit IRIS to search Frequently Asked Questions or ask a question on-line.
- Call 1-800-827-1000
- Call 1-800-829-4833 if you have a hearing impairment
To apply for additional benefits and view your benefit status, open an eBenefits Premium account. eBenefits is a one-stop source for information on Department of Defense and Department of Veterans Affairs benefits and services. With a free Premium level eBenefits account, Veterans, Servicemembers and their family members can conduct self-service transactions such as checking compensation and pension claim status information, enrolling in GI Bill, and obtaining copies of civil service preference letters, military records (DD214), and other personal information. For further information and to register for a free Premium level account, visit the eBenefits website.
232 total views, 1 today
A guide for US Government Federal and State Benefits published by benefits.gov
This is a third party app and we are not affiliated with benefits.gov or US Government.. If you are looking for an app that consolidates all the benefit listings by Federal and US states, this is a good app to start with. Listings can also be found on the benefits.gov website.