- Listed: December 16, 2018 4:18 pm
- Expires: 998703 days, 11 hours
Our iOS apps : US Benefits Directory , Food Banks Directory , GSA Auctions , Low Cost Apartments Directory,
Food for Florida is the state of Florida’s Disaster Food Assistance Program, and is only active when there is a presidentially-declared disaster area in the state of Florida. If eligible, recipients will receive disaster food assistance benefits that will be accessed using an Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card.
To be eligible for food assistance through Food for Florida, an applicant may not be currently receiving food benefits through the regular Food Assistance Program; must have been living in the disaster area at the time of the disaster; and must have experienced at least one of the following adverse effects:
- Damage to or destruction of the households’ home or self-employment business
- Disaster-related expenses not expected to be reimbursed during the disaster period (e.g., food loss, home or business repairs, temporary shelter expenses, evacuation expenses, home/business protection, disaster-related injury including funeral expenses)
- Lost or inaccessible income, including reduction or termination of income, or a delay in receipt of income for more than 15 days.
The household must also meet the required income and asset budget test: The households’s total income, after taxes and all other payroll withholding, received (or expected to be received) during the disaster period PLUS its accessible liquid assets MINUS a deduction for any unreimbursed disaster-related expenses SHALL NOT EXCEED the yearly established disaster gross income limit by household size.
Applicants may pre-register for assistance following a disaster using the web-based system at http://www.dcf.state.fl.us/programs/access/fff/.
Individuals may also apply in-person using a paper application on-site at a disaster services site. Mobile units may also be operating to assist special needs populations or isolated areas.
Florida DCF certification staff must review your case to see if you qualify. You may either:
- Apply in person at an application site, or
- Pre-register online and report to a local application site to show proof of identity.
If you qualify, you will get your Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card. The EBT card will be loaded with your Food for Florida benefits and works like a debit card at most grocery stores.
You can locate a service center in your area that takes Food for Florida applications.
265 total views, 1 today
A guide for US Government Federal and State Benefits published by benefits.gov
This is a third party app and we are not affiliated with benefits.gov or US Government.. If you are looking for an app that consolidates all the benefit listings by Federal and US states, this is a good app to start with. Listings can also be found on the benefits.gov website.