- Listed: February 20, 2019 3:35 pm
- Expires: 998167 days, 15 hours
Our iOS apps : US Benefits Directory , Food Banks Directory , GSA Auctions , Low Cost Apartments Directory,
The Social Security Independently Entitles Divorced Spouse’s Benefits are a federally funded program administered by the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA). These are benefits that are paid to divorced spouses of workers who are eligible to receive Social Security benefits.
To qualify for this benefit program, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 62 years old and not currently married
- Be divorced from a person who is at least 62 years old and has enough work credits to get Social Security benefits
- Have been married to that person for at least 10 years and divorced for at least two continuous years
- Not be entitled an equal or higher Social Security retirement benefit or disability benefit based on your own work.
If you would like to find out if you may be eligible for any of the benefits SSA administers, use SSA’s Benefit Eligibility Screening Tool.
Once you have completed the eligibility screening questionnaire, you will be provided with a list of benefits for which you may be eligible. Print this list for your records before going to the application site.
Once you know which benefits you may be eligible for, visit the Apply For Social Security Benefits webpage to apply online.
Or for additional information on this and any SSA benefit, call:
1-800-772-1213 (TTY: 1-800-325-0778)
Visit SSA’s Publications home page for detailed information about SSA programs and policies.
400 total views, 1 today
A guide for US Government Federal and State Benefits published by benefits.gov
This is a third party app and we are not affiliated with benefits.gov or US Government.. If you are looking for an app that consolidates all the benefit listings by Federal and US states, this is a good app to start with. Listings can also be found on the benefits.gov website.