Welcome, visitor! [ Login

Post an Ad


VA – Birth Defects Assistance – Payments for Children with Spina Bifida whose Parents Served in Vietnam or Korea

  • Listed: February 14, 2019 7:00 pm
  • Expires: 998051 days, 4 hours


Our iOS apps : US Benefits Directory , Food Banks Directory , GSA Auctions , Low Cost Apartments Directory,

Program Description

Spina bifida patients who are natural children of Vietnam and Korea Veterans may be eligible for a monthly monetary allowance.

Please note: If you want to apply for either of the other spina bifida benefits (health care assistance or vocational training), you must start by applying for the monthly allowance.

Program Requirements

In order to qualify for this benefit program, you must be the biological child of a male or female Veteran who served in Vietnam or on the Korean demilitarized zone during specific time periods.

Your birth father or mother must have:

  • Served in Vietnam during the period from January 9, 1962, through May 7, 1975, OR
  • Served in or near the Korean Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) during the period from September 1, 1967, through August 31, 1971 and have been exposed to herbicides.

VA has no requirements regarding the character of the parent’s discharge or the length of his or her service.

The affected child must:

  • Be diagnosed with a form of spina bifida other than spina bifida occulta.
  • Have been conceived after the date on which the Veteran first served in the Republic of Vietnam or in the DMZ in Korea.

Please note: In addition to the monthly monetary allowance, someone with spina bifida may also be eligible for health care specific to the disability, and vocational training if reasonably feasible. If you want to apply for these additional benefits, you must start by applying for the monthly allowance.

Application Process

To complete an application, use VA Form 21-0304, “Benefits for Certain Children with Disabilities born of Vietnam and Korea Veterans.”

Alternatively, VA can send you the form if you call 1-800-827-1000.

Contact Information

If you have any questions, you may:

  • Visit the Inquiry Routing & Information System (IRIS) website to search Frequently Asked Questions or ask a question on-line
  • Call 1-800-827-1000
  • Call 1-800-829-4833, if you have a hearing impairment
Listing ID: 155c65bacff17f3

Report problem

Processing your request, Please wait....

Sponsored Links

A guide for US Government Federal and State Benefits published by benefits.gov

This is a third party app and we are not affiliated with benefits.gov or US Government.. If you are looking for an app that consolidates all the benefit listings by Federal and US states, this is a good app to start with. Listings can also be found on the benefits.gov website.