Social Security Disabled Widow(er)’s Insurance Benefits
- Listed: February 20, 2019 3:32 pm
- Expires: 998429 days, 14 hours
Our iOS apps : US Benefits Directory , Food Banks Directory , GSA Auctions , Low Cost Apartments Directory,
The Social Security Disabled Widow(er)’s Insurance Benefits are a federally funded program administered by the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA). These benefits are paid to the disabled widow or widower of a deceased worker who had earned enough Social Security credits.
In order to qualify for this benefit program, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least age 50, but not yet age 60
- Have been married to the deceased spouse for not less than 9 months immediately prior to the day in which the deceased spouse died, unless an exception applies
- Be unmarried, unless the marriage can be disregarded
- Not be entitled to an equal or higher Social Security retirement benefit based on your own work
If you would like to find out if you may be eligible for any of the benefits SSA administers, take SSA’s Benefit Eligibility Screening Tool.
Once you have completed the eligibility screening questionnaire, you will be provided with a list of benefits for which you may be eligible. Print this page for your records before going to the application site.
Widows, widowers, and surviving divorced spouses cannot apply online for survivor’s benefits. For application information, please visit the How To Apply page.
Visit SSA’s Publications home page for detailed information about SSA programs and policies.
Or for additional information on this and any SSA benefit, call:
1-800-772-1213 (TTY: 1-800-325-0778)
313 total views, 1 today
A guide for US Government Federal and State Benefits published by benefits.gov
This is a third party app and we are not affiliated with benefits.gov or US Government.. If you are looking for an app that consolidates all the benefit listings by Federal and US states, this is a good app to start with. Listings can also be found on the benefits.gov website.