Social Security Parent’s Insurance Benefits
- Listed: February 20, 2019 3:38 pm
- Expires: 998501 days, 2 hours
Our iOS apps : US Benefits Directory , Food Banks Directory , GSA Auctions , Low Cost Apartments Directory,
The Social Security Parent’s Benefits are a federally funded program managed by the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA). These are benefits paid to the dependent parent of a deceased worker who had earned enough Social Security credits.
In order to qualify for this benefit program, you must meet all of the following requirements:
- Be at least age 62
- Have not married after the deceased worker’s death (unless an exception applies)
- Received at least one-half of your support from the deceased worker at certain points in time
- You are the parent and would be eligible to share in the intestate personal property of the worker
- You legally adopted the insured worker before he or she turned 16; or
- You became the deceased’s stepparent by a marriage entered into before the deceased turned 16.
Not be entitled to retirement insurance benefit equal to or exceeding the amount of the parent’s original benefit.
- Filed proof of support within the required time limits.
If you would like to find out if you may be eligible for any of the benefits SSA administers, take SSA’s Benefit Eligibility Screening Tool.
Once you have completed the eligibility screening questionnaire, you will be provided with a list of benefits for which you may be eligible. Print this page for your records before going to the application site.
You cannot apply online for survivor’s benefits. For application information, please visit the How To Apply page.
Visit SSA’s Publications home page for detailed information about SSA programs and policies.
Or for additional information on this and any SSA benefit, call:
1-800-772-1213 (TTY: 1-800-325-0778)
421 total views, 1 today
A guide for US Government Federal and State Benefits published by benefits.gov
This is a third party app and we are not affiliated with benefits.gov or US Government.. If you are looking for an app that consolidates all the benefit listings by Federal and US states, this is a good app to start with. Listings can also be found on the benefits.gov website.