- Listed: January 6, 2019 5:54 am
- Expires: 998767 days, 15 hours
Our iOS apps : US Benefits Directory , Food Banks Directory , GSA Auctions , Low Cost Apartments Directory,
The Lifetime Learning Credit (LLC) is a tax credit used to offset the cost of tuition and related expenses. It can help eligible students pay for undergraduate, graduate and professional degree courses and courses taken to get or improve job skills. There is no limit on the number of years you can claim the credit. The credit is worth up to $2,000 per tax return. The LLC is a nonrefundable credit, which means it can only reduce a person’s tax liability to zero and no part of the credit can be issued as a refund. There are income limitations for this tax credit.
To be eligible for LLC, the student must:
- Be yourself, your spouse or a dependent you listed on your tax return
- Have qualified education expenses at an eligible educational institution
- Be taking higher education course or courses to get a degree or other recognized education credential or to get or improve job skills
- Be enrolled for at least one academic period beginning in the tax year
To claim a LLC, you must file a federal tax return, complete the Form 8863, Education Credits (American Opportunity and Lifetime Learning Credits), and attach the completed form to your Form 1040 or Form 1040A.
277 total views, 1 today
A guide for US Government Federal and State Benefits published by benefits.gov
This is a third party app and we are not affiliated with benefits.gov or US Government.. If you are looking for an app that consolidates all the benefit listings by Federal and US states, this is a good app to start with. Listings can also be found on the benefits.gov website.