- Listed: February 4, 2019 7:11 pm
- Expires: 998146 days, 17 hours
Our iOS apps : US Benefits Directory , Food Banks Directory , GSA Auctions , Low Cost Apartments Directory,
The Protection and Advocacy for Individuals with Mental Illness Program (PAIMI) is administered by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) and the Center for Mental Health Services (CMHS). P&A systems use the grant funds to:
1) Investigate incidents of abuse and neglect on behalf of individuals with mental illness in a public or private facility rendering care or treatment
2) Pursue administrative, legal (individual and class action litigation), systemic and legislative activities, or other appropriate remedies to redress complaints of abuse, neglect, and civil rights violations
3) Ensure enforcement of the United States Constitution, Federal laws and regulations, and state statutes as related to this area
The program provides services to individuals with significant (serious) mental illness (adults) and significant (severe) emotional impairments (children/youth) at risk for, or in danger of abuse, neglect, and rights violations while residing in public or private residential treatment facilities.
The grant is awarded to the governor designated state P&A systems. Grants are awarded to 56 states and territories of the United States and one American Indian Consortium.
430 total views, 1 today
A guide for US Government Federal and State Benefits published by benefits.gov
This is a third party app and we are not affiliated with benefits.gov or US Government.. If you are looking for an app that consolidates all the benefit listings by Federal and US states, this is a good app to start with. Listings can also be found on the benefits.gov website.