- Listed: January 19, 2019 7:07 am
- Expires: 998584 days, 9 hours
Our iOS apps : US Benefits Directory , Food Banks Directory , GSA Auctions , Low Cost Apartments Directory,
WIC is a nutrition and breastfeeding program that helps young families eat well and be healthy.
WIC can help:
- Pregnant women learn about nutritious foods for a healthy pregnancy and birth.
- Support breastfeeding and help new moms meet their breastfeeding goals.
- Families provide nutritious foods to their young children so they are healthy, happy and ready to learn.
WIC staff provides:
- Information about nutrition during pregnancy, and about feeding your baby and young children.
- Vouchers for a variety of healthy foods, including fruits and vegetables, milk, eggs, whole grain foods and more.
- Information and referrals to other health and social services.
In order to qualify for this benefit program, you must be a resident of the state of Minnesota; a pregnant, breastfeeding and/or postpartum woman; an infant or child up to 5 years of age; and individually determined by a health professional to be at nutrition risk.
In order to qualify, you must have an annual household income (before taxes) that is below the following amounts:
|Household Size*||Maximum Income Level (Per Year)|
A person who participates or has family members who participate in certain other benefit programs, such as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Medicaid or Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), automatically meets the income eligibility requirement.
161 total views, 1 today
A guide for US Government Federal and State Benefits published by benefits.gov
This is a third party app and we are not affiliated with benefits.gov or US Government.. If you are looking for an app that consolidates all the benefit listings by Federal and US states, this is a good app to start with. Listings can also be found on the benefits.gov website.