- Listed: January 13, 2019 6:31 pm
- Expires: 998896 days, 18 hours
The Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), sometimes called EIC, is a tax credit for workers with low to moderate income. Eligibility for the tax credit is based on various factors including family size, filing status and income. When EITC exceeds the amount of taxes owed, it results in a tax refund to those who claim and qualify for the credit. The credit is subject to income limitations.
To qualify for EITC you:
- Must have a Social Security number that is valid for employment
- Must have earned income from wages or running a business or a farm
- May have some investment income
- Generally must be a U.S. citizen or resident alien all year
- Cannot file as married filing separately
- Cannot be a qualifying child of another person
- Cannot file Form 2555 or 2555-EZ (related to foreign earned income)
179 total views, 1 today
A guide for US Government Federal and State Benefits published by benefits.gov
This is a third party app and we are not affiliated with benefits.gov or US Government.. If you are looking for an app that consolidates all the benefit listings by Federal and US states, this is a good app to start with. Listings can also be found on the benefits.gov website.