- Listed: December 17, 2018 6:53 pm
- Expires: 998709 days, 13 hours
Our iOS apps : US Benefits Directory , Food Banks Directory , GSA Auctions , Low Cost Apartments Directory,
The Child and Dependent Care Credit program can reduce your tax by claiming the credit for child and dependent care expenses on your federal income tax return.
In order to qualify for this benefit program, you must have paid for the care of a qualifying individual so that you (and your spouse if you are married) could work or look for work. A qualifying individual for the Child and Dependent Care Credit is:
- Your dependent who is under age 13 when the care is provided,
- Your spouse who is physically or mentally incapable of self-care and lived with you for more than half the year, or
- A person who is physically or mentally incapable of self-care, lived with you for more than half the year and either: (i) is your dependent; or (ii) could have been your dependent except that he or she is over the gross income limit or files a joint return, or you (or your spouse, if filing jointly) could have been claimed on another taxpayer’s return.
- An individual is physically or mentally incapable of self-care if, as a result of a physical or mental defect, the individual is incapable of caring for his or her hygiene or nutritional needs, or requires the full-time attention of another person for the individual’s own safety or the safety of others.
No application is needed to use this program. However, you must file your taxes using the guidelines in Publication 503, Child and Dependent Care Expenses.
364 total views, 1 today
A guide for US Government Federal and State Benefits published by benefits.gov
This is a third party app and we are not affiliated with benefits.gov or US Government.. If you are looking for an app that consolidates all the benefit listings by Federal and US states, this is a good app to start with. Listings can also be found on the benefits.gov website.